Welcome to the ECO13.me starter’s guide! The following tutorials aim to get you started with the right settings for your specific needs.
If something, anything would happen to be unclear, please, do not hesitate to request clarification in the question corner. Thank you!
- Find the button or link to ‘create a new site’ on the ECO13.me dashboard, or via “my sites” in the toolbar.
- Fill in the required fields in the form and confirm.
- You can find your site in the “my sites” menu.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before your site becomes available.
- The WordPress Toolbar is a horizontal menu, used to navigate quickly between the front end and the back end, and between sites.
- With quick links to edit the current page and to add something new, the toolbar is most useful to authors.
- On the frontend, you can find the short URL for the current page. However, the implementation is not flawless yet: when changing a URL, the short URL does not get updated. Also, the URL stats are not yet available.
- In your site’s backyard, click on “appearance” in the left side menu to find the themes.
- You can preview themes, but you will get a better impression looking at the theme documentation.
- When you activate a new theme, the old one gets deactivated automatically.
- You can request new themes in the question corner.
- Look into the theme documentation to find the right settings.
change site settings
- Most site settings can be found in the “settings” menu in the left side menu.
- The first six, from general to permalinks, are WordPress defaults.
- The other are plugin settings.
- Under appearance you can find widgets, menus and most likely your theme settings.
- Make sure to know your theme’s features before you add plugins.
- Activate only the plugins that you really need. The more code needs to load, the slower a site becomes.
- Deactivate plugins that you no longer use, or only once in a while.
[to be continued]